TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Rental agreement. The contract is between Teide Bike Service (Teide Bike Service SC with CIF J76787860) and you, who appears as the lessee of the material (bicycles, accessories, extras, etc.) in the rental contract.
2) It is expressly prohibited to sublease to a third party unless previously agreed in writing, i.e. with an agency contract.
3) The reserve.
3.1 To make an online reservation for bicycles and other material, you must pay 100% of the total price through our POS terminal (Point of Sale).
3.2 Cancel the reservation. You must contact us by email to cancel your reservation,
3.2.1 If you inform us of such cancellation at least 30 days before the date of collection, we will refund the full prepayment that you paid when making the reservation.
3.2.2 If the cancellation request is received between 15 and 30 days before the start date of the rental, we will charge an additional 35% of the value of the reservation. Therefore, you will pay 50% of the total cancellation.
3.2.3 If the cancellation request is received less than 15 days before the start of the rental, 100% of the total value of the reservation will be paid. This means that we will charge your debit/credit card for the full amount due.
3.2.4 If you do not collect the bikes on the day of rental, we will charge your debit/credit card for the full payment of the reservation.
3.2.5 Cancellations due to weather conditions are not accepted.
3.2.6 If you take more than 24 hours to pick up the bike(s), please let us know. Otherwise, we will cancel your reservation the day after your start date, charging the corresponding charges.
4) Required documents. When you pick up the bicycle(s) and/or other material, you must present a valid and current identity document. You can present your DNI, residence permit abroad or passport. In no case will a driving license or a credit / debit card be accepted as a valid identity document. You must also inform the accommodation where you are staying, in case it is a hotel, in addition to the room number.
5) Collection and return point. The bicycle(s) and other materials will be collected and returned at Teide Bike Service, Pz Llano Los Molinos, Nº 6 38203, La Laguna or agreed place according to the following delivery rates:
5.1 Free for renting more than 5 bicycles, €15 between 5 and 20 km, €20 between 20 and 50 km, €25 for journeys of more than 50 km from the Teide Bike Service store and for the final rental amount it must be more than €250.
5.2 10% of the total amount for rentals of between 2 to 5 bicycles. Deliveries of more than 150km are not made from the Teide Bike Service store.
6) The material. Teide Bike Service will provide you with the bicycle(s) and other material (pedals, helmets, GPS, shoes, etc.) in perfect condition. You must return all the material in the same condition it was in when you received it, except for normal wear and tear (wheels, brakes, etc.). When the bike(s) and other materials are returned, Teide Bike Service staff will review them to confirm their condition. If there is breakage or damage, you are obligated to pay the recommended retail price plus labor to replace or repair each damaged part. Unless you have contracted insurance.
7) Rental period. You are responsible for the bike(s) and other materials during the rental period.
7.1 The rental period begins when you pick up the material and ends when a Teide Bike Service staff member receives it.
7.2 You must collect and return the material during the opening hours of the store.
7.3 If the bicycles and the rest of the material are returned before the end of the contracted period, no amount will be reimbursed for the remaining time.
7.4 If you fail to meet the contracted term, you are obliged to pay a minimum penalty of €50. In the event that you return the bicycle later than agreed, and this affects the reservation of another client, we will impose a penalty of up to €500.
8) Costs. You must pay the amount indicated in the rental contract. This sum will be paid at the time of collection of the bicycle(s) and other material. You are also required to pay for any extension of the rental period. You will also have to pay for any damage or theft that may occur. By signing this rental agreement, you agree that we will charge your payment card for all charges incurred during the rental period.
9) Use of the bicycle(s) and other material.
9.1.2 Handle the bicycle(s) with due care and skill. Driving with respect and care for others is essential
9.1.3 Use the bicycle(s) in accordance with Spanish law. Always respect traffic and road regulations.
9.1.4 Use the bike(s) lawfully and for lawful purposes.
9.1.5 Use the security measures and safeguards provided by Teide Bike Service. You are obliged to use such measures whenever you are not using the bicycle(s). Teide Bike Service recommends that you pass the lock through the frame, saddle and wheels, and attach the lock to a fixed object or parking spot designed for parking bicycles. In any case, the lock is only a dissuasive measure but not enough, so these types of bicycles should never be left unattended.
9.1.6 Stop using the bicycle(s) when you detect a problem with them. Inform Teide BIke Service of the problem as soon as possible.
9.2 You must not:
9.2.1 Use the bicycle(s) for commercial purposes.
9.2.2 Tow other vehicles with the bike(s).
9.2.3 Transportation of flammable, explosive, corrosive or fuel substances.
10) Accidents, theft and damage. You must immediately inform the police and Teide BIke Service as soon as possible if you have been involved in an accident. If you lose the bicycle(s) and/or the other material, if it is stolen or damaged, you are obliged to pay the full price of the bicycle(s) or the material in its RRP.
11) You hereby declare that you are in perfect health and that you know how to use the bicycle(s) and other rented equipment.
12) You hereby declare that you have not used drugs, alcohol, dangerous medications or other prohibited substances before renting the bicycle(s) and other material.
13) You must be of legal age (18) to enter into this contract. If you are a minor, you must be accompanied by a person of legal age who must give your express authorization.
14) You are responsible for taking out an insurance policy against the risks involved in the use of the bicycle(s). Teide BIke Service is not responsible in any case for accidents, injuries or deaths, or for damages or injuries caused to third parties. Just rent a bike is not responsible for the loss of any personal items or their theft that may take place during the rental period.
15) Applicable legislation. The applicable legislation that governs the contract between you and Teide Bike Service is Spanish legislation and the place of jurisdiction is Tenerife (Canary Islands).